Tuesday, July 22, 2008

And in news of "Really?! I Mean Seriously Really?! Do We Really Want To Go There?!

Have you heard that a Federal appeals court has ruled that paper money is unfair to the blind?
-
First of all, have you heard of Erik Weihenmayer? Um yah. He's blind and still managed to climb the "Seven Summits" -the tallest peak on every continent (which includes Everest)-, not to mention scaled the 3000 foot rock face of El Capitan. He's also skied down the tallest peak in Europe and GUIDED Tibetan blind teenagers to 21,500 feet on the north side of Mt. Everest. And I recall that while reading his book, which largely focused on not dying at 20,000+ feet by falling into a crevasse or off a cliff that he didn't give much thought to paper money. Oh wait, there was this one half of a sentence which mentions that he learned to fold dollar bills differently, each according to it's corresponding denomination.
-
Second: Who still uses cash? I mean besides Over The Counter Cafe on 33rd which pisses me off because I always and I mean ALWAYS have to leave Ashlee sitting at the table after hashbrowns and pancakes while I run to the ATM at the gas station across the street.
-
Third: if this means I have to have money like those metro-Europeans (no offense mum) -you know the kind where the money gets bigger and bigger and eventually you're carrying around a bill the size of a Sunday newspaper- I'm moving back to Bolivia where no-one has money anyway so it doesn't matter.

1 comment:

camihubrich said...

We use cash Dave, because Dave Ramsey says so.