Do you remember at the end of Return of the Jedi, when Darth Vader grabs the Emporor and throws him down the conveniently located bottomless pit? The Empire was dead. No more dark side of the force.
Well my friends, that is exactly what happened last week in Yankee Stadium. In the 8th inning, 2007 Rookie of the Year Dustin Pedroia hit a grand slam, clinching the game and the last series played between the Red Sox and the dirty dirty Yankees in Yankee Stadium. It also effectively killed whatever hope the filthy Yankees had of catching the Red Sox in the wild card race. For the first time since 1994, the most evil team in professional sports (Lakers are a close second) will not be in the playoffs. So there Steinbrenner.Knowing the Yankees are dead maks me want to dance around a bonfire with a bunch of Ewoks singing the celebration song.
By the way, how awesome is it that all I have to do is google "yub yub" and I can immediately access the lyrics of the original Ewok song, complete with translation? Glorious nerds and their internet. Here's the link so you can sing along. And yes, I know the Yankees beat the Sox the next day avoiding the sweep but I don't care. The Yankees remain dead. Light the match.

1 comment:
There's 2 teams we love..the Red Sox and anyone playing against the Yankees!..oh and yeh, not a fan of the Lakers either.
Post a Comment