So one of my friends just got a new phone that streams live television via cell reception. It's a little unlike portable tv's of the past because this thing actually works. Hate to say it though, but as cool as it is doesn't it seem about 10 years too late?I mean if Back to the Future had it all figured out in 1985 (and let me tell you; this 8 year old Dave was convinced that Back to the Future had EVERYTHING figured out... sweet "pick-up" trucks and of course time travel) shouldn't we have had portable tv's before the year 2000? Come on! I've got Star Wars and The Rocketeer telling me that jet-packs were an actual possibility over 10 years ago!? I blame them for making me feel like science owes me a fully functioning flying back-pack. Maybe its Jansport that needs do that R&D because NASA doesn't seem to stay focused. Don't even get me started on flying cars!
Mattel better get on the ball because I expect hover boards to be a universal toy among children within the next five years. Back to the Future II was set in 2015, but the hover boards seemed pretty common place so I figure they were released at least two years before that. The clock's ticking.

2 comments:
Sweet. Where do I pre-order?
Ha ha your posts make me laugh. I just like seeing the random pictures on the links. Is that really NASA astronauts with I dream of Jeanie?
Post a Comment