"I am sofa we king we Todd did"
-
I don't know why that just came to mind but it is funny! Reminds me of one of my greater moments; a couple of years ago I asked a friend's mom and brother-in-law to read the aforementioned over and over. I laughed and laughed before they finally figured it out. Good stuff really. And I was feeling pretty intelligent and superior to these lesser mortals who could only read what they were reading instead of hear what they were reading. Yup, I was feeling pretty smart so when they asked me if I wanted to play Boggle I had to oblige.
-
The brother-in-law was a cool, humble guy who didn't seem to think he had the smarts because he operated heavy machinery for a job (not to mention that I just mocked him mercilessly for not getting "I am sofa we king we Todd did") but I'm telling you this dude is some sort of genious. Boggle brought out some serious brilliance and he proceeded to humiliate me in return. This guy was practically writing prose and haiku poetry with all the words he was coming up with! I on the other hand was struggling to find so much as an abreviation! Truth be told, I was coming up with words like "at" and "it" before my friend's mom leaned towards me and quietly pointed out that the words had to have at least three letters to count. They were nice enough to let me use them anyway so after the first round I read my list: "at", "it", "to" and I saved my big zinger for the finale... "ate"!-
In hindsight I think the applause and praise I recieved must have been sarcastic because when the brother-in-law read his list, which was more like a paragraph, which was actually more like a thesis, he had about 512 more words than I did and they all had more then two letters. Heavy equipment operator or not, this guy cleaned up and used my head as the empty mop bucket. I don't care what he says, he is smarter than me and I can't drive a tractor either! Another thing he can undoubtedly kick my trash at.
-
I know what you're thinking. I must have some physical prowess to make up for such a deficiency in my intellect. Well I used to think that too but then I played ping pong with a friend's 50 year-old dad and he whooped me? After we pulled up in St. George for the visit, the friend's dad offered me some toast and I think some fruit snacks. Then he asked if I played ping pong. (I was thinking, who "plays" ping pong? Doesn't everyone just kind of smack the ball around with those little wooden paddles during family-home-evening and never really get competitive about it? This guy is definately the exception to that idea). I told him, "ya I play ping pong" and he runs upstairs and comes back down in a jump suite! Ya I know... a jump suite!? For ping pong!? (suddenly I'm envisioning a lot of trash talk and tears during family night at this house). I mean geez, do you really need to put on a jump suite and lace up your sneakers for ping pong?! And a double knot!? Well I guess so because he beat me 21 to zip three times. Freaking Forest Gump!

5 comments:
Dave!! What happened to all your commentors?! Did everyone strike after your other post? I have to admit I didn't get "I am sofa we king we Todd did" at first but then it made me laugh and laugh!
It actually worked out not getting together this week as the whole family got sick and I feel bad getting close to anyone! Anytime you come down it will be awesome and totally be prepared for photos,ok?!
I don't know what happened to the commentors... I think my pet Godzilla scared everyone away. No bother. I'm excited to hang out with you guys so I'm demanding St. George or bust!
Sweet!
I'm sorry, that was a lame comment but I have to go to work now!
See ya!
Speaking as the friend that was there that night...that was a wayyy funny night and it was really funny to hear that phrase be read over and over without the readers having any idea why they kept talking about some guy named Todd.
I didn't get your's at first because yours is the clean version and the one that I know is the dirty version. So I kept trying to make it the dirty version and it wasn't working. Bad Cami.
Post a Comment