Friday, October 23, 2009

Glen Beck is the new Stupid



Dear Glen,

I was planning on having the local neighborhood kids get together to rake the leaves from your mother's lawn and maybe come back in a month to shovel some snow from her driveway, but since you don't agree with 'volunteerism' or acts of service we decided to stay home and watch TV instead. But don't worry, we're not watching any of those shows that accepted Obama's challenge to promote "responsibility" and "service to others". After all, you're right, "a campaign to inspire action and a new way of thinking about service" would just be lame. Instead, we'll just keep watching more and more shows focused on crime, rape and murder because encouraging Hollywood to portray and promote a better America is downright communist! Okay, I'll stop with the sarcasm.

In fairness though, it must be difficult to come up with a new conspiracy to be "outraged" about every night. I guess not all of them are going to be winners.

p.s.

Why didn't we hear the same uproar when Bush and Rove enlisted Hollywood screenwriters and directors to talk about how the entertainment industry could help the war effort?

2 comments:

tmildenhall said...

I think the recent article on LDS.org was aimed squarely at this D-bag I mean Glenn Beck. I am just patiently waiting for them to rip him apart in a SouthPark episode, oh glorious day.... http://newsroom.lds.org/ldsnewsroom/eng/commentary/the-mormon-ethic-of-civility

XO said...

Oh Glen. By his own account, he's uncovered so much conspiracy and knows way too much. I'm sure Condrad Obama will squash him soon.